The “blogosphere” is not exactly struggling for academic blogs. There is a plethora of online content detailing academic research: some tied to existing associations, others set up and maintained by individual academics themselves.
This newly launched SLSA blog, however, seeks to make its own contribution to this crowded market of online discussion and debate. Building on the work of the Socio-Legal Studies Association, it is an academic blog focused exclusively on issues of interest to the socio-legal community.
There are three things we encourage our readers (you!) to do:
- Consider submitting a post: Information is available on the “Submit Content” page.
- Comment on an existing post: Take part in the discussion and give your view.
- Share this blog: Tell others and help us grow from this initial launch.
We intend for the blog to be a venue for academics and practitioners with an interest in socio-legal issues. We invite contributions to the blog which meet the following criteria:
- Addresses a topic related to socio-legal studies and of interest to SLSA members.
- Accessible to a wide, international readership.
- Maximum 1000 words.
- Any sources referred to are either hyperlinked or OSCOLA referenced.
Please send proposed blog posts to firstname.lastname@example.org including your full name and affiliation. If you have queries about whether a particular topic would be of interest, please contact the blog editors at the same address.